Skip to main content

Shopping Spree! :)

Exams are overrrrr! Because I had nobody to celebrate it with, I had to do celebrate with myself instead! :) Haha ah well.

I've been itching to start on a new sewing project after the last backpack, but didn't have any materials so I decided to head down to Chinatown to get some :D

It was my first time going to Chinatown to get stuff instead of being a fake-tourist because I only found out about the hidden textile businesses there recently. And woah did it not disappoint at all (after searching around for close to two hours -_-). The shop keepers are all very friendly and the cloth is cheaper than spotlight haha (which is the whole point.)


Originally I had intended to get some cloth to sew a zippered pouch but I ended up just picking the patterns I liked and buying 1 metre of each. And forgot about getting those zips. The next time I go, I need a better strategy haha. All of them were about $5 - $6 per metre which is quite reasonable I would say. The quality is also very nice actually I would make pillow cases with this cloth but I don't think I got enough for that :( All of them are from Japan I believe. One of the shopkeepers told me cloth from China is cheaper but the quality is not as good and I personally think the designs are not as nice too.


There was a lot of floral-designs there, and not as much of the cutesy designs (like the elephant one). I think I like the elephant one best haha. And the heart shaped one is pretty cute. But still not sure what to do with them haha I'm scouring pinterest for hours just looking for possible projects now. Sigh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Me Home necklace

The words in the photo actually do mean something. It's just a longing feeling of the times gone by. Xiaohan bought one ;D I can remake it if you would like one. Oops no more bicycle charms ): $3.50, 35cm long chain. If you want it, you can buy it. Leave a comment with your contacts.

Take Me Home earrings

I've run out of bicycle charms. Have to buy more *A* Leave a comment if you're interested. ;D

Catch a Falling Star earrings

My first pair of earrings made for Mich. I'm making another pair and will upload nicer photos when I'm done.